17.3.09

C'est Chic B...




(B. for Vogue Italia)

It's rare that I take time out to do a post on Beyonce because I always feel like she oversaturates the market whenever she has a project popping off (which is damn near every month! "Gon' head girl!") so, I don't feel it necessary to add to her publicity. BUT! I have to say, after watching "Cadillac Records" I have a renewed respect for her grind. Now, I've always thought of her as legendary and an immense talent in her own right but I've grown weary of the same ole' swag as of late. And while I can't say that she blew me away in the movie but what I noticed was her effort. You can tell she put her all into that project (come to think of it, can't nobody ever say B. didn't give 125% on anything she's ever been a part of!!!). She reached, she stretched to get out of her comfort zone and I appreciate that! And even with the new album, she's giving something a bit different than before and trying to show everyone she can evolve. I've been waiting for the "Chic" Beyonce for years and I'm definitely seeing her birth now. Hats off to you B.! You got my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment as if yo' momma would read this...